Thanks for your interest. This doc will walk you through what it'll be like to join twenty--twenty and what your first project (of many) will be.
- 👋 Welcome!
- 👋👋🏻👋🏽 Who are we?
- ✨ Our Values
- 📚 Our Founding Story
- ⛩ Our Team
- 🚀 The Role - Catalyst
- 💙 The (first) Project
- 🎖 Competencies
- 💐 The Benefits
- 🙋♀️ Interested?
👋👋🏻👋🏽 Who are we?
We are Venture Catalysts.
We invest our time in ambitious startups & companies with high growth potential 🌱
We don’t just sign a cheque and pray for growth 🙏🏾, we suit up 👩🏾🚀, build the platform 🛠, and light the rocket fuel 🚀
Interested & ambitious? Our doors are always open to people of great talent 🎷, heart ❤️ and aspiration 🔮
Currently we're helping:
- a start-up take over the UK photography market with an accelerated B2B growth strategy 📸
- a group of London NHS practices to proactively improve the health outcomes for their patients 💙
✨ Our Values
🧪 Be a catalyst
🥇 Do your life's best work
💭 Have a cofounder's mindset
👩🏫 Simultaneously be a student and a teacher
🤝 Trust in radical truth and radical transparency
🥳 Follow the fun
📚 Our Founding Story
twenty--twentywas born from these values. 6 months later, we meet Holly. Her energy was infectious, her work quality, outstanding and her ambition, stellar. A true catalyst. She joined the team, bringing experience from Rocket Internet and Global Founders Capital. The great people are our team & our partners' teams. The ideas respond to the growth problems we solve. The shared success comes from creating reward structures over every time horizon. This means interacting with high frequency, high intensity and high integrity. We're not here to deliver a shiny PowerPoint and advise from a distance. We're here to roll up our sleeves and sustainably grow businesses. We're here to listen and act upon our partners' needs. Nothing is off-limits. To date, we've supported our partners in crisis management, tax credits, financial forecasting, hiring and many other tough decisions. We're still young (guess when we started) with a lot to learn, but we're proud of our achievements to date. We pin our success on our growth methodology. We work in rhythmic 6-week sprints that we call Growth Cycles. More on this later.
⛩ Our Team
A family of proven, high impact and caring growth catalysts.
🚀 The Role - Catalyst
Before we consider specific competencies, we seek strong fundamentals of character. At twenty--twenty, we hire Catalysts. This is our core value. We expect everyone, from new to old, top to bottom, internally and externally to be a Catalyst. So, what does it mean to be a Catalyst?
Catalysts are agents of change.
A Catalyst is someone who can be put into any environment, and make it dramatically better. At a foundational level, they apply this mindset to their own lives. This means they are driven to continually self improve and grow. Next, they apply this catalytic thinking to situations beyond themselves. Asking the question, "How might I improve this environment?". They problem-solve to achieve goals, they catalyse decision making, they supercharge teams.
💙 The (first) Project
We've won an exciting project to digitally transform a group of NHS Health Care Practices in East London. They have inspired and ambitious leaders, who are driven to improve patient outcomes and reduce the operational burden placed on their staff. "We want to be the most innovate practice in the UK."
Partner: A NHS GP Practice Group in East London
Objectives: This is a 5 month project with 2 central objectives:
- ⬆️ Increase Patient Engagement → improving health outcomes by proactively supporting local communities before they need clinical support
- ⬆️ Increase Digital Inclusion → reducing operational burden by improving patient communications
- Strong written skills ✍🏼
- Strong interpersonal skills 🗣
- Smarts 🤓
- Strong moral principles 🏛
- A growth mindset 🧠
Great to have's:
- Content marketing experience 🌻
- Social Media Management experience 📺
- Community building experience 🤗
- Consulting experience 👔
- UX/UI 💭
- An eye for design 🎨
Nice to have's:
- Experience in health care 💙
- Experience working in the social sector 💚
💐 The Benefits
- Significant project autonomy
- As a Catalyst you have the perfect role title to create change
- You will be heard
- Remote working (2020), blend between remote & in person (2021)
- A supportive environment
- Constant knowledge sharing
We believe that everyone needs time, investment and feedback to improve.
- Up to 20% time for self-improvement, holiday and charitable endeavours
- £1,000 per year budget for learning & development
- We'll run you through incredibly detailed performance reviews every 6 months. You will learn your strengths and your weaknesses and we will support you to grow
Our income is based on the value we create for our partners. We believe we should all have some skin in the game.
- A competitive salary
- A project based performance bonus
- Opportunity for ownership - top performers will be eligible for our options scheme
We expect all catalysts to set the bar in performance, they need the tools for the jobs. So we provide industry-leading equipment, software and training. We are also planning to build custom tools for our own specific needs, to help us do an even better job.
Get in touch, and send Raj (firstname.lastname@example.org) an email with your LinkedIn, CV and a Cover Letter. We'll set up a call so we can get to know each other. Stage 1: An interview with each team member
Stage 2: Test Project
Stage 3: You join the team ✨