This is an introduction to what I've worked on, what I care about and how best to work with me. It's a bit long and I appreciate you don't need to know my life story, so if there's just one thing you need to know is that I value integrity - For greater insight, check out my principles (👇).
I'm a Londoner, and whilst my heritage is 100% Indian, I don't speak Hindi -- much to my parent's disappointment 😔 . After a long period of distancing myself from my Indian roots, I'm slowly exploring my heritage.
I'm extremely lucky! I have a loving family, some wicked friends, and one badass of a business partner.
Besides London, I've spent some time living in Leeds 🇬🇧, Sydney 🇦🇺, Niseko 🇯🇵 & Tokyo 🇯🇵. Ask me about my travels - always keen to chat.
I don't like the idea of being defined by a personality type (1/16- come on!), but maybe thats what my personality type would say... (ENFP - Campaigner)
I left school wanting to understand the world, and thought the best way was to:
- Travel - I spent a year living in working in India, Australia & Thailand
- Studying Economics & Geography - they say "money runs the world" so I went and studied it!
B.Sc Economics & Geography [1st Class Honour] @ University of Leeds
- Vice President: Leeds University Business School Society
- Treasurer: Muay Thai (Thai Boxing Society)
- Sponsorship Director: Leeds RAG Fashion Show
- Award for Best International Economist 🥇
Dartford Grammar School for Boys
- 38 points at International Baccalaureate (Geography, Biology, Philosophy, Maths, English Literature & Japanese)
I've worked in a variety of roles:
- Cleaner 🧼
- Dishwasher 🍛
- Bartender 🍸
- Face to Face Fundraiser - This taught me not to fear rejection! Not everyone is going to like you - sad but true! Gotta get real to that.
I've gone into detail in my more serious roles:
🤔 Weird Facts
- I've been kidnapped 😮
- I've been on a Japanese TV commercial (Nissin baby🍜)
- I've got into meditation; maybe there is a yogi in me 🧘♂️
⛷ Hobbies, Interests
- Anything that gets me sweaty - (Skiing ⛷, Surfing 🏄♂️, Marathons 🏃♂️, you name it)
- All things Japanese 🇯🇵
- I love a good board game & a wager. So Poker is up my street ♦️ ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ (although I'm not so good... 😏)
🕺 Side Projects
OFF PISTE - started by running pop-up events in Niseko, Japan with a focus on experiential design. We've been sponsored by Snowminds & Soundboks. We also have video production & storytelling capabilities. Check us out - www.offxpiste.com. 📺 Insta: _offpiste
🙋♂️ Work Habits
- I'll always be honest & I'm pretty understanding - so no need to lie with me, I'm pretty thick-skinned!
- I keep my word (if I don't - pull me up on it!). Integrity matters.
- Feedback is a gift - and with me, it's always Christmas 🎅🏽
- I'm pretty expressive - apologies in advance!
- I live and work by my principles 👇
🤘🏾 Raj's Principles
- Anything is possible.
- Nothing really matters.
- There is no "right or wrong".
- You create what matters in your own reality
- Be your word (有言実行); build a reputation of following through on your word and your word will become strong. If so, when you say you are going to do something, people will believe you & help you in your endeavours.
- Be a stand for your friends, hold them to their word, challenge them.
- Always be honest, life becomes much more complicated when you lie. It’s not satisfying and more than often trips you up.
- Seek not to be part of a group or club, but to build your own, and watch the doors to others open.
- Porque no los dos? - Why not both? If you are ever stuck in with an either-or option, know that they are very rare. Often we are not being imaginative enough. Ask, how might we get both?
- Manners cost nothing, treat the people around you kindly and they will do the same.
- Attitude matters, if you are positive and seek the good in the bad, you will find it. Conversely, if you seek the bad in the good, again you will find it.
- Asking for help and receiving it, deepens relationships. Asking for help and rejecting it, does the opposite.
- A well-timed smile, look or wink goes a long way.
- Never forget your own agency. If a group, organisation or company feels restricting, demanding or unsatisfactory never forget your ability to change things (You can switch things up)
- Seek trusted counsel from people who aren’t afraid to criticise you.
- Seek to exceed expectations.
- Never forget the element of surprise.
- People rarely open up enough to fall- when they do, make sure you catch them. If you do, you will have a friend for life.
- Peer pressure is only negative in poor company